5nine Manager for Hyper-V is an easy-to-use and cost-effective management solution for Microsoft Hyper-V. It provides most of the features of Microsoft System Center VMM that SMBs need for everyday Hyper-V management. 5nine Manager allows customers to:
- Dramatically simplify and save money on Hyper-V management
- Get a user-friendly management GUI for Windows Server Core and Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Manage different Hyper-V versions (2012 R2/ 2012/ 2008 R2 SP1) from a single console.
- And more
5nine Manager could be run either locally or remotely. The solution also provides cluster management capabilities, built-in performance monitoring and agentless antivirus.
Capitalize on a Hyper-V management tool designed specifically for SMBs
5nine Manager addresses the unique Hyper-V management needs of small and medium businesses (SMBs). It is affordable, easy to use and provides most of the features of Microsoft System Center VMM.
Simplify management of different versions of Hyper-V with a single interface
Eliminate the stress of managing multiple versions of Hyper-V. 5nine Manager supports managing all versions of Hyper-V from a single console.
Shift performance with a GUI for Windows Server Core and Microsoft Hyper-V Server
Tired of using PowerShell? Become more productive with Hyper-V by utilizing the user-friendly graphic user interface when working locally on Windows Server Core or Microsoft Hyper-V Server.
Stay informed on key Hyper-V performance indicators
Increase uptime of your Hyper-V network and close performance gaps in advance with 5nine Manager. Get instant alerts on key performance indicators of Hyper-V hosts, clusters, and VMs.
Protect Hyper-V infrastructure with agentless antivirus
Achieve antivirus protection with no significant impact on server performance. 5nine Manager with AV Plugin installs only once per host and provides real-time protection of VMs. It also performs incremental security scans up to 50x faster than competitors.
Would you like to know more about powerful Hyper-V management features of 5nine Manager for Hyper-V? Then feel free to proceed to the list of key features.
What’s new in 5nine Manager 5.0 for Hyper-V
- Automated virtual machine (VM) provisioning
- Enhanced cluster management
- VMs Guest connection views through FreeRDP or Microsoft controls
- Replication to enable failover of production workloads to a secondary site for disaster recovery
- Group operations for multiple VMs
- Applications Logs
- Manage multiple Microsoft Hyper-V hosts of different versions (2012 R2 / 2012 / 2008 R2 SP1) from one management console, remotely or locally
- A local Graphical User Interface for Windows Server and Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Agentless antivirus plugin for full and incremental VM and host scans
- Hyper-V logs view
- Applications Logs NEW
- Integrated Best Practices Analyzer
- Copying Hyper-V settings between hosts
- File Manager
Hyper-V Hosts Management
- Virtual network management
- Hyper-V replication
- Enable remote management on Hyper-V hosts: remote desktop, remote event log, ping, etc.
- Virtual switch extensions management
- Moving a host to another datacenter group
Virtual Machine Management
- Virtual Machines Guest Connection View – remotely connect, view and administer individual Virtual Machines
- Shared Nothing Live Migration of VMs from one host to another over a network cable.
- Storage migration without the need to stop running VMs
- Automated virtual machine (VM) provisioning NEW
- Copying files between Virtual Machines and between Virtual Machines and Hosts (through Virtual «Transfer Disk»)
- VM import/export
- VM cloning
- Enhanced Virtual disk manager
- Virtual Clipboard
- Convenient VMs’ filtering/quick search
- Sort VMs
- Group operations with VMs NEW
- Background performance for time-consuming operations NEW
- Edit virtual disks from the list of all VMs’ disks NEW
- VM status icons NEW
- VMs Guest connection views through FreeRDP or Microsoft controls NEW
- RDP connection to VMs NEW
- Generation 2 VM support for Windows Server 2012 R2
- Support of Virtual Fibre Channel adapters and assigning them to VMs
- IOPS throttling that allows to limit I/O operations of individual Virtual Machine to improve overall system performance
- New Create Virtual Machine Wizard
- Ability to set VM’s IP address directly from the management console
- Legacy network adapter support
- MAC address spoofing support
- Initial replication setup
- Advanced settings: CPU compatibility, NUMA, Network
- Automatic VM actions during host startup/shutdown.
- Show all VMs in cluster node
- Clustered VM to non-Clustered VM conversion and back
- Live Migration of virtual machines between cluster nodes
- Cluster storage information.
- Enhanced cluster management with "Maintenance mode" support NEW
System Status Reporting
- Hyper-V System Summary Status reporting shows all possible statuses of your Virtual Machines, including:
- Virtual CPU information for each Virtual Machine – See the number of logical processors, virtual machine reserve, limit and relative weight for each Virtual Machine
- Virtual Memory information for each Virtual Machine – See the dynamic memory usage status, minimum and maximum RAM, memory buffer, static memory size and memory weight for each Virtual Machine
- Virtual Network information for each Virtual Machine – Provides a list of all virtual adapters and shows the virtual network name, virtual network type, external adapter name for external virtual network, dynamic MAC-address mode and the static MAC-address for each virtual adapter.
- Low disk space notification
Real-time monitoring and alerting with included Cloud Monitor for Hyper-V
- Web Interface
- Threshold alerting via e-mail and SMS
- Cross Active Directory servers monitoring
- Performance dashboard with performance and network patterns information
- Native Windows Server 2012 R2/2012/Windows 8.x metering indicators
- Scriptability via RESTful API or PowerShell, providing easy integration into cloud provider’s management applications
- Traffic contributors identification
- Agentless antivirus for full system VM scans and Host protection
- Active protection feature allows protection of Virtual Machines in real-time
- Exceptionally fast incremental scan technology that tracks file changes and scans only changed files, resulting in scans that are up to 50x faster than traditional full scans
- Agentless antivirus and antimalware scheduled scans
- Quarantine Management
Supported Operating Systems
Local and remote management:
- Windows Server
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Core
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 Core
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Core
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows 8.x
- Windows 8.1 with Hyper-V role enabled
- Windows 8 with Hyper-V role enabled
Remote management only (allows managing different versions of Hyper-V hosts from one Windows Client):
- Windows 8.1 x64
- Windows 8 x64
- Windows 7 x64
- .NET Framework 4.5 or higher
Agentless antivirus detects viruses and malware and improves security of the Hyper-V virtualized environment without antivirus storms and performance bottlenecks. It offers fast and effective antimalware scans of virtual machines, using unique agentless technology, and hosts.
5nine Manager for Hyper-V is the first and only solution to offer agentless antimalware and antivirus protection for Microsoft Hyper-V. By leveraging random scans based on the virtual environment workload and trend analysis, antivirus/anti-malware avoids resource consumption problems and performance degradation when multiple AV scans are running.
- Agentless: no performance degradation
- Fast, incremental scans
- Orchestrated scans
- Staggered scanning
- Centralized management
Many companies provide antivirus and antimalware protection, but not like we do. Here’s what makes us special:
- The only agentless protection built for Microsoft Hyper-V, 5nine Manager installs antivirus only once per host rather than once per virtual machine. Consumes almost no VM resources.
- Real-time protection via optional Active Protection agent.
- The industry’s fastest initial full and subsequent incremental scans of Virtual machines.
- Special incremental scan technology tracks file changes and scans only changed files, resulting in scans that are up to 50X faster than traditional full system scans.